Wed, Oct 12|
Sales of Businesses to Outsiders
This presentation will address sales of businesses to outsiders.
Time & Location
Oct 12, 2022, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
About the Event
Click here to register via Zoom
Discussion Leader: Stephen Stafford
Please join us via Zoom for a one-hour webinar designed to help you learn how to effectively plan for your business clients. As part of a monthly webinar series offered through WealthCounsel, this presentation will address sales of businesses to outsiders. Many entrepreneurs start their business with the intention of later selling it for enough money that will fund their desired lifestyle without working for the rest of their lives. But most businesses don’t sell themselves and the sale can blow up in their faces. You as the advisor must play a key role in preparing the business for sale and representing the seller through the sale process and after. We will examine:
- How to tell if a business is sellable
- How to decide what the price should be
- How to increase the potential price
- How to reduce taxes on sale
- What is the process for the private sale of a business?
- What due diligence is necessary to prepare the business for sale?
- Representing the owner in contract negotiations, the due diligence period and closing
- Protecting the owner post-closing
Earn 1 hour of CLE
In order to be awarded the full credit hour, you must be present during the entire webinar