Collapse All Expand All
David Allen Brown is the founding partner in the law firm of Brown & Streza LLP, Irvine, California. We are a boutique law firm, narrowly focused on providing legal advice in the areas of estate planning, business planning, income tax planning, and charitable planning. He attended USC and Loma Linda University before obtaining his Bachelor of Science degree and Juris Doctor degree in law from Western State University in 1974. He founded Brown & Streza in June, 1975 and serves approximately 4000 clients. He is a member of the California State Bar, Orange County Bar Association, National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisers, the Financial Planning Association, Orange County Advisors in Philanthropy, and Kingdom Advisors.
Dave is a Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated attorney, which is the highest rating possible. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings are established by lawyers and judges who have personal knowledge of an individual attorney’s work and ethical standards. Dave has also been included on the “Southern California Super Lawyer” list by Los Angeles Magazine for six consecutive years – a distinction recognizing only 5% of the attorneys in Southern California (excluding San Diego). In 2010, Dave was featured in Orange Coast Magazine as a “Five Star Wealth Manager” – a merit distinguishing the top 3% of wealth managers in Orange County, including CPAs, attorneys, bankers, and financial planners.
Recognized as a leading authority David has lectured on the topic of Estate Planning to Insurance Companies, Financial Planning Organizations, Estate Planning Councils and Planned Giving Roundtable meetings across the Western United States. While attending law school, he was an insurance agent and member of the Million Dollar Round Table.
David has been a firm believer in the team approach to bring the best possible service to his clients by working alongside financial planners and CPAs.
David has written articles including Tax Favored Uses of Life Insurance to Replenish Estates of Business Owners and Executives, The Insurance Law Journal, Commerce Clearing House, April 1974 and The Amendable Irrevocable Super Trust, June, 1977.
Sophisticated Estate Planning for Medium to Large Estates
- Transactions include QTIPs, Generation Skipping Trusts, QPRTs, GRATs, IDITs and Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Founded Brown & Streza LLP in June, 1975
- Legal Counsel, Estate Planning for Fidelity Mutual life Insurance Company, 1974
- Juris Doctor, Western State University School of Law, 1974
- Attended USC and Loma Linda University before obtaining his bachelor of Laws from Western State University School of Law, 1971
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings are established by lawyers and judges who have personal knowledge of an individual attorney’s work and ethical standards.
- An AV® certification mark is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- 2010 - 2015 “Southern California Super Lawyers”
- Published by Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine, The New York Times (Los Angeles and Orange County distribution), Los Angeles Magazine and The Journal for Law & Politics. Only 5% of the attorneys in Southern California (excluding San Diego) receive this prestigious honor.
- 2010 Five Star Wealth Manager, as published in Orange Coast magazine
- Survey identifies the top 3% of wealth managers in Orange County, including CPAs, attorneys, bankers, and financial planners
- Survey results come from 44,000 high-net-worth Orange County residents and 6.200 leaders of financial service industry companies
- Surveys reflect evaluation by those who personally know nominees and rank nine criteria: customer service, integrity, knowledge/expertise, communication, value for fee charged, meeting of financial objectives, post-sale service, quality of recommendations, and overall satisfaction.
- As seen in June 30, 2008 Forbes Magazine: Brown & Streza LLP was selected Top Ten of The Most Dependable Lawyers (Trusts & Estates) for 2008
- Tax Favored Uses of Life Insurance to Replenish the Estates of Business Owners and Executives
- Insurance Law Journal, Commerce Clearing House, April 1974.
- The Amendable Irrevocable Super Trust
- California State Bar: Member
- Orange County Bar Association: Member
- National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors: Member
- Orange County Estate Planning Council: Member
- Financial Planning Association: Member
- Partnership for Philanthropic Planning of Orange County (formerly Planned Giving Round Table of Orange County): Member
- Kingdom Advisors: Charter Member
- Coast Hills Community Church, Trustee Board
- Crown Financial Ministries: Planned Giving Advisory Board
- Finance Committee: St. Margaret’s School, San Juan Capistrano, 1982
- Past Vice President, Saddleback Chamber of Commerce
- Founding Board of Directors, Foundation for Saddleback College
- Director: “Orange County Supervisors and Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast” (1985-1995)
- Board Member of Mission Community Hospital
- Board Member of Forest Home Christian Retreat Center
- Board Member of Forest Home Foundation
Jay Bettinger, J.D., M.B.A., LL.M.
David Allen Brown
Vanessa Gregor, J.D., LL.M.
David Keligian, J.D., M.B.A., CPA
Vincent Le Pore III
Anita Nyhuis, J.D., LL.M.
Stephen Stafford, J.D., LL.M.
Jenny Tran, J.D., LL.M.